- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
The Sherwin-Williams Company has announced its financial results for the year and Q4 ended December 31, 2012.
Yr-on-yr, consolidated net sales increased US$768.8M or 8.8%, to US$9.53bn in the year and increased US$151.4M or 7.3%, to US$2.22bn in Q4 due, primarily, to higher paint sales volume in its Paint Stores Group and selling price increases. Acquisitions increased consolidated net sales approximately 0.9% in the year and in Q4. Unfavourable currency translation rate changes decreased consolidated net sales 1.8% in the year and 1.0% in Q4.
Christopher M Connor, Chairman and CEO, said: "We are pleased to report record highs for multiple financial measures in 2012.
"All of our operating segments contributed to the record year with increases in sales and operating profit, led by our Paint Stores Group.”