- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Ceramic Polymer GmbH, well-known manufacturer of high-quality protection coating systems has been acquired by A.W. Chesterton Company. Also the sister company Ultra Perform Coatings GmbH, producer of specific repair putties, was taken over.
A.W. Chesterton Company owns ‘ARC Efficiency & Protective Coatings’, which delivers protective coatings with chemical, abrasion and corrosion resistances. Ceramic Polymer GmbH offers coatings for huge applications – storage tanks, offshore constructions, pipelines and biogas plants.
The purchase of the in North Rhine Westphalia-based company enables Chesterton the production of own coating systems in Germany. Together with Ceramic Polymer’s high-performance portfolio, a wide spectrum of premium corrosion protection products can be provided for the European market.
The extensive worldwide experiences and expertise of Ceramic Polymer GmbH allows Chesterton greater access to China, Japan and SE Asia. Conversely, the A.W. Chesterton Company offers Ceramic Polymer a solid platform to strengthen its coverage and improve market penetration into North and South America.
The Trade Name Ceramic Polymer will remain. As a fully owned subsidiary of Chesterton International B. V. they will continue to produce and market corrosion protection products on highest level.