- IGM Resins announces price increase for its photoinitiator portfolio as per November 1
- BASF posts slight increase in 2018 sales and decline in earnings
- EU round up – EU USA trade deal could liberalise trans-Atlantic coatings trade
- Songwon underlines its continued commitment to the coatings industry
- PPG, Vision Systems to develop aircraft window shading applications
ABB, a leading power and automation technology group, has announced the start-up of the new paint production facilities, built for Eskaro Group AB in Odessa, Ukraine. When in operation the plant will have a capacity of 15,000t/yr of waterborne decorative paint.
ABB was responsible for the detailed engineering, the supply of core process equipment and also the erection supervision and start-up assistance. The scope of supply included two 5m3 conical dispersers from ABB Delicel range, which are able to process batches of variable sizes down to 20% of their nominal capacity. ABB also supplied one up-and-down disperser for small batches, storage and let-down tanks.
With this new factory, Eskaro aims at increasing its share of the Ukrainian paint market by up to 20% in five years to reach a capacity of 30,000t/yr.