- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
New Additol VXW 6503 N universal wetting and leveling agent from Cytec Industries Inc is a polyether modified siloxane that improves substrate wetting in a wide variety of aqueous, solventborne, and solvent-free formulations, including UV/EB curable formulations.
The specific siloxane tenside structure used in Additol VXW 6503 N leads to superior dynamic surface tension reduction and improved static surface tension reduction. As a result, it provides optimal substrate wetting and anti-cratering performance without contributing to foam stabilisation or impacting intercoat adhesion.
In addition, this performance can be achieved at addition levels as low as 0.1 – 1.0% on total formulation, and Additol VXW 6503 N can be incorporated at any stage of the production process.
"It can be a real challenge to achieve the appropriate balance between wetting and leveling performance and retention of intercoat adhesion,” noted Philippe De Micheli, Global Business Development Manager Additives. "Additol VXW 6503 N directly addresses this critical issue and, as a universal additive that is effective in many different types of paints and coatings, can help formulators simply their operations and reduce costs.”
Additol VXW 6503 N has been demonstrated to be effective in waterborne industrial and architectural paints, as well as in furniture and industrial wood coatings and automotive basecoat formulations.
To find out more about coating additive technology from Cytec, visit http://www.cytec.com/Liquids/additivecatalysts.php