- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Following an extensive series of tests and trials, BAE Systems has approved Aerowave 2001, part of AkzoNobel Aerospace Coatings’ range.
The Aerowave Series of structural water-based coatings sets new standards for minimal process times, reduced cycle costs and environmental care and can be cured both at ambient temperatures or force cured.
Aerowave 2001 is a waterborne epoxy corrosion inhibiting structural primer with a VOC level of <250g/l. Whilst the BAE Systems (R40-6978) specification calls for the product to contain chromate in order to meet the corrosion requirements of the specification, the advanced formulation and choice of raw materials mean that the specification can be achieved with up to 75% less chromate than other chromate containing products.
Fully REACH compliant, it has the additional environmental benefits of a water-based, low VOC emission product.