- Jotun supports aid in Libya and Morocco
- Sherwin-Williams releases Color of the Year 2024: Upward
- Henkel Adhesives Technologies publishes audited method for sustainability assessment of pr...
- “MyCarbonFootprint”: BASF launches dashboard for sustainable procurement
- PPG introduces PPG SUSTAINABILITY CO₂NCEPT system to help automotive body shops reduce e...
AkzoNobel completed its acquisition, January 10, of China’s speciality surfactant producer, Boxing Oleochemicals. Boxing supplies nitrile amines and derivatives, which are used in a variety of industrial and consumer applications.
Established in 1993 and based in the province of Shandong, Boxing had revenues in 2010 of approximately €100M; its activities will be integrated into AkzoNobel’s Surface Chemistry business.
Demand in Asia for amines and derivatives is being driven by population growth, expanding middle class, increased focus on sustainability and the build-up of infrastructure, notably in China and India.