- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint have mutually agreed not to proceed with the company’s intended acquisition of Kansai’s paints and coatings activities in Africa.
Commenting on the decision, AkzoNobel CEO, Greg Poux-Guillaume (pictured), says: “It’s disappointing that this intended acquisition cannot move forward, but we remain committed to our strong businesses and leading brands in Africa.
“As AkzoNobel’s performance rebound gathers pace, we’ll remain focused on our key priorities, including the strengthening of our balance sheet, which will be accelerated.”
The two companies have agreed that no break-up fee will be involved.