- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
AkzoNobel has announced it will establish a new organisation for its Performance Coatings Business Area in order to drive leading performance.
The simplified structure – due to be fully operational in January 2015 – will reduce the number of global management layers. As a result, Performance Coatings will be managed through seven Strategic Market Units under the leadership of Executive Committee Member Conrad Keijzer. The units will focus on specific customer segments and technologies. They will be: Marine Coatings, Metal Coatings, Powder Coatings, Protective Coatings, Specialty Coatings, Vehicle Refinishes and Wood Coatings. "This planned reduction in management layers will not only enhance decision-making efficiency but we will also create an organisation that is more customer focused, agile and lean,” explained AkzoNobel CEO Ton Büchner.
The reorganisation costs are included within the guidance of at least €250M of total restructuring charges for 2014. In 2013, Performance Coatings generated revenues of €5.6bn and an operating income of €525M, with 21,400 employees located worldwide.