- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
AkzoNobel’s UK Decorative Paints business has been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard for the third consecutive time since 2009, recognising a 12.9% absolute reduction in operational carbon emissions over the past two years.
Widely considered as the world’s leading certification for organisational carbon footprint reduction, the Carbon Trust Standard is awarded to businesses or public sector bodies that clearly demonstrate their commitment to reducing carbon emissions yr-on-yr.
AkzoNobel recently unveiled a new sustainability strategy to reduce cradle-to-grave carbon emissions globally by up to 30% by 2020. The UK is a key location for the manufacture and retail of its decorative paints, including iconic brands such as Dulux, Dulux Trade, Polycell and Cuprinol.
Some of the projects undertaken by the UK Decorative Paints business over the past year includes: Installation of LED lighting at its Stowmarket manufacturing site; A reduction in miles travelled as a result of improved transport logistics, route planning and new double stack trailers; Energy saving across the Dulux Decorator Centre store network as a result of the installation of an energy monitoring system.