- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Akzo Nobel N.V. has completed the acquisition of Colombia-based paints and coatings company Grupo Orbis, strengthening its long-term position in Latin America.
Present in 10 countries in Central America, South America and the Antilles, Grupo Orbis has consolidated revenue of around €360M. The transaction includes the Pintuco paints and coatings business, Andercol and Poliquim (resins, emulsions, adhesives and specialty chemicals), Mundial (paints and related product distribution services) and Centro de Servicios Mundial (shared services centre). The Pintuco portfolio consists of 75% decorative paints and 25% coatings, offering a wide range of products across 10 countries, creating several opportunities for revenue synergies.
The deal was first announced in June 2021.