- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
AkzoNobel has opened a research, development and innovation (RD&I) centre in Strongsville, Ohio, USA. The US$10M facility will support several of the company’s Performance Coatings businesses, including coil, extrusion and packaging coatings.
Featuring full testing, scale-up and analytical capabilities, it will house more than 120 staff, including 65 highly trained scientists and technicians.
Commenting on the opening, AB Ghosh, MD of AkzoNobel’s Metal Coatings business, said: "By expanding our facility in Strongsville, we are providing a central, state-of-the-art technical resource for our businesses in North America, creating the critical mass for effective RD&I to more efficiently support our customers. The facility will also enable us to focus on further improving the performance and sustainability of our products.”
The Strongsville centre is the latest in a series of investments in the region. The company is investing around €3M (US$3.4M) to expand its RD&I capabilities in Houston, Texas.