- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
AkzoNobel has announced plans to strengthen its position in packaging coatings by exercising the right to buy the remaining shares of Metlac, an Italy-based packaging coatings producer.
AkzoNobel is currently shareholder in the Packaging Coatings Metlac Group. This position was inherited from the acquisition of ICI in 2008. The deal underlines the company’s strong commitment to supporting the coatings and inks market for metal packaging by securing the future of a well recognised supplier.
The completion of the transaction is subject to antitrust approval and the company expects to finalise the acquisition in Q2, 2012.