- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
AkzoNobel has announced plans to strengthen its position in packaging coatings by exercising the right to buy the remaining shares of Metlac, an Italy-based packaging coatings producer.
AkzoNobel is currently shareholder in the Packaging Coatings Metlac Group. This position was inherited from the acquisition of ICI in 2008. The deal underlines the company’s strong commitment to supporting the coatings and inks market for metal packaging by securing the future of a well recognised supplier.
The completion of the transaction is subject to antitrust approval and the company expects to finalise the acquisition in Q2, 2012.