- AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals' Elotex recognised for environmental benefits
- PPG SIGMAGLIDE 1290 fouling release coating helps Enterprises Shipping & Trading achie...
- Perstorp to expand its Ymer™ nonionic dispersing monomer range
- AkzoNobel extends partnership with McLaren
- Hybrid polymers for adhesive bonds
AkzoNobel has announced plans to strengthen its position in packaging coatings by exercising the right to buy the remaining shares of Metlac, an Italy-based packaging coatings producer.
AkzoNobel is currently shareholder in the Packaging Coatings Metlac Group. This position was inherited from the acquisition of ICI in 2008. The deal underlines the company’s strong commitment to supporting the coatings and inks market for metal packaging by securing the future of a well recognised supplier.
The completion of the transaction is subject to antitrust approval and the company expects to finalise the acquisition in Q2, 2012.