- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- Focus on sustainability: Beckers Group aiming for new holistic industry standard
AkzoNobel has received approval to supply its water-based refinish products to Porsche China – currently one of the premium automotive brand’s biggest markets.
The company will supply its full water-based Sikkens range, including basecoats, primer and clearcoats, to provide Porsche China with a complete water-based solution for its refinishing needs.
“We’re delighted to partner with one of the world’s most prestigious vehicle manufacturers to offer our class-leading products and colour expertise,” says Patrick Bourguignon, Director of AkzoNobel’s Automotive and Specialty Coatings business.
He adds that the vehicle brand sold more than 93,000 cars in China last year and the agreement will play an important role in helping Porsche China to meet the country’s strict VOC regulations.
“It’s in everyone’s interests to adopt a more sustainable approach, so we work closely with – and for – our customers in order to meet our shared environmental ambitions,” continues Bourguignon. “Because when we talk about high performance, it not only embraces our products, technical service and support, it also applies to everything we’re striving to achieve.”