- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Archroma, a global leader in speciality chemicals towards sustainable solutions, today announced that it has been awarded the EcoVadis "Platinum” rating in corporate social responsibility (CSR), placing the company within the top 1% of the best rated companies in its industry.
Archroma was evaluated by EcoVadis, an organisation specialised in assessing the CSR performance of companies on a global basis. The assessment focuses on 21 criteria which are grouped into four themes: Environment, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics, and Sustainable Procurement. EcoVadis assesses more than 75,000 companies in more than 160 countries and 200 industries.
Participating in the assessment for the fourth consecutive year, Archroma had set itself the target to reach the EcoVadis "Platinum” rating.
Archroma has built a strong reputation as a global leader in developing innovations and systems that help minimise resources, increase productivity and create value for its customers. The company refers to this commitment as "The Archroma Way to a Sustainable World: Safe, efficient, enhanced, it’s our nature”.
"Sustainability is a process”, comments Heike van de Kerkhof, CEO at Archroma. "We started our journey with the EcoVadis assessments only four years ago. Our progress all the way to the Platinum rating is testament to our continuous efforts and hard work to improve our societal, environmental and economic performance, and that of our customers!"