- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Archroma, a global leader in colour and speciality chemicals, has officially inaugurated its Global Center of Excellence for Surface & Coating Technology. The centre underlines Archroma’s ambition to bring innovative solutions to the packaging and speciality paper markets.
Based in Bradford, UK, at the location of Archroma’s application laboratory team for deposit control, it hosts the Global Product Manager for Surface & Coating and a team of application experts, all with close links to Archroma’s R&D organisation and the sales teams around the globe. Over the past four months, the existing laboratory facilities have been extended and state-of-the-art equipment for application development and measurement have been installed.
This investment emphasises the commitment by Archroma to bring new technologies in the area of barrier and surface coating to the packaging market. At the opening session, Beate Plueckhan, President Region EMEA (pictured), commented on the potential offered by this market: "Especially in the area of food packaging, consumers are looking for safe, convenient and sustainable packaging. This offers many opportunities to market new surface & coating solutions. With its technology and application know-how Archroma is well-positioned to participate more intensively in this growing market”.
The new application laboratory will also allow Archroma to run quickly application tests for packaging producers, as well as to develop customised recipes for them.