- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
To support its customers’ strong growth, in particular in the sports and consumer goods markets, Arkema has increased its global manufacturing capacity for Pebax® elastomers by 40% at its Serquigny plant in France.
Arkema has successfully started its new Pebax® elastomer unit at the Serquigny plant in France. This new unit, designed with the latest advancements in industrial processes, can produce both the bio-circular Pebax® Rnew® and classical Pebax® elastomer ranges.
These advanced materials are used extensively in sports equipment such as running shoes, soccer shoes and ski boots, but also in electronic devices and other speciality markets such as antistatic additives and medical devices.
“We are excited to start the production of this expansion in our Pebax elastomers capacity. This represents a great opportunity for us to meet growing demand in existing and new applications while simultaneously improving our processes as water consumption at the site will be reduced by approximately 25%,” said Erwoan Pezron, Senior Vice President of Arkema’s High Performance Polymers Business Line.