- Focus on sustainability: allnex’s scope 3.1. emission reduction target of 30% by 203...
- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
The High-Performance Polymers range, which includes Rilsan® and Pebax®Rnew® polymers has been attributed the “Solar Impulse Efficient Solution” label following an assessment performed by external independent experts and based on verified standards.
This solution is thereby joining the #1000solutions challenge, an initiative by the Solar Impulse Foundation to select solutions that meet high standards in profitability and sustainability and present them to decision-makers to fast-track their implementation.
To receive the “Solar Impulse Efficient Solution” Label, Arkema’s Advanced Bio-Circular Polyamide 11 range was thoroughly assessed by a pool of independent experts according to five criteria covering the three main topics of Feasibility, Environmental and Profitability.
All labelled solutions are part of the #1000solutions portfolio that will be presented to decision-makers in business and government by Bertrand Piccard, Chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation. The aim of this initiative is to encourage the adoption of more ambitious environmental targets and fast-track the implementation of these solutions on a large scale.
In its decision, the Foundation complimented castor as “a low-risk crop with a favourable sustainability profile,” and they also commended Arkema’s involvement in the Pragati sustainable castor farming initiative and its ad hoc Virtucycle® recycling service.