- Axalta’s 2022 Global Automotive Color Popularity Report marks 70th year of providing ind...
- P2i opens technology centre in Shenzhen
- PPG to feature advanced display coatings at vehicle display symposium
- CEN and CENELEC co-operate with stakeholder organisations
- Covestro supports measures against plastic waste
Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients, a unit of Ashland Inc, is constructing a nonionic synthetic thickener manufacturing facility in Alizay, France.
The manufacturing facility is scheduled for completion and start-up in late spring 2012 and will significantly increase global capacity of Aquaflow nonionic synthetic associative thickeners (NSATs). "The new facility is strategically positioned in Western Europe to shorten lead times and improve service for our customers,” said Jason Homer, global business manager, Coatings Additives, Ashland Aqualon FI. "Europe in particular, has recently seen a dramatic increase in demand for Aquaflow NSATs.
This new facility complements our existing manufacturing capacity and gives us flexibility to improve continuity of supply for all customers worldwide.” The plant will be capable of producing the full line of low-, mid- and high-shear effective Aquaflow thickeners. Based in the USA and then Europe, Ashland will be better positioned to service the needs of its global customers.