- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients, a unit of Ashland Inc, is constructing a nonionic synthetic thickener manufacturing facility in Alizay, France.
The manufacturing facility is scheduled for completion and start-up in late spring 2012 and will significantly increase global capacity of Aquaflow nonionic synthetic associative thickeners (NSATs). "The new facility is strategically positioned in Western Europe to shorten lead times and improve service for our customers,” said Jason Homer, global business manager, Coatings Additives, Ashland Aqualon FI. "Europe in particular, has recently seen a dramatic increase in demand for Aquaflow NSATs.
This new facility complements our existing manufacturing capacity and gives us flexibility to improve continuity of supply for all customers worldwide.” The plant will be capable of producing the full line of low-, mid- and high-shear effective Aquaflow thickeners. Based in the USA and then Europe, Ashland will be better positioned to service the needs of its global customers.