- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Ashland is transforming its technical and analytical services for the paint and coatings industry by adding a dedicated laboratory to its campus in Wilmington, Delaware, USA. The 2000ft2 facility complements the company’s existing 8000ft2 Coatings Center of Excellence on the site. Combined, the facilities provide paint formulators with expansive resources for testing new or modified formulations, understanding consumer preferences and optimising their products for success.
"Ashland has been solving customers’ toughest coatings problems since we introduced Natrosol HEC, the industry’s largest selling rheology modifier, more than 50 years ago,” said Ed Connors, Ashland Group VP, Industrial Specialties. "This new lab ensures customers continued access to world-class technical support for years to come. It, along with our new product innovations like Strodex low-VOC surfactants, confirms our commitment to our customers’ success and to the industry.”
The facility’s footprint provides versatility, allowing for application trials that range from small-scale screens to simulated field applications using 10 sheets of 4ft x 8ft drywall.