- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Asian Paints announced their financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2023.
“The domestic coatings business, decorative and industrial combined, registered a subdued 1.1% revenue growth in the quarter. The Domestic Decorative Paint business for Q2 was muted, registering a flat value sale with a 6% volume growth. The erratic monsoon impacted market sentiment potentially leading to deferment of sales to October given the late Diwali this year. Growth in our Automotive & Refinish business was decent, while our General Industrial Coatings business sustained its double-digit growth trajectory.
“Our International Business, though supported by robust growth in the Middle East and an overall improved profitability, remained constrained by macro-economic challenges, inflation and forex unavailability in key geographies of South Asia and Egypt. While demand in the Home Décor space was soft on account of muted consumer sentiments, we continued to strengthen our décor foray with new collections, network and store expansions.
“Operational, formulation and sourcing efficiencies coupled with moderating raw material prices benefitted our margins in Q2 and resulted in strong profit growth for the quarter. Looking towards the second half of the year, we remain optimistic about improved demand conditions well supported by the longer festive season and the overall buoyant domestic economic growth.” said Amit Syngle, Managing Director & CEO of Asian Paints Limited (pictured).