- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Asian Paints (Middle East) LLC, a joint venture between Al Hassan group and Asian Paints International, will commission its state-of-the-art paint plant in Sohar by December this year to meet the robust eight per cent growth in demand for paints in the country, according to a recent report in the Times of Oman.
The Sohar plant, with an investment of OMR5M in the first phase, will have an installed capacity of 30-32M lit, which will take the company’s total production to 42-44M lit/yr of paint. The work on the Sohar project, which is going to be the largest paint plant in Oman, started in October 2013.