- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Asian Paints Middle East, a joint venture between Oman’s Al Hassan group and Asian Paints India, is planning to increase its production capacity by four to five times to 25,000t/yr, Times of Oman has reported. The expected cost for the proposed upgrade is between OR4M (US$10.3M) and OR5M (US$12.9M), according to P K Raj, general manager of Asian Paints Middle East. "Our existing capacity is around 6,000T/yr, which will be raised to around 25,000t/yr. It will be implemented in a phased manner. But some level of work is happening," he said.