- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Axalta Coating Systems, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, was granted the Outstanding Environmental Technology Award at the 2014 China Surface Engineering Summit (CSES) held in March in Shanghai, China.
The technology recognised for its contribution to environmental sustainability is Axalta’s Lean and Green Coating System. The award recognises Axalta’s leadership in developing surface treatment solutions that meet industry’s evolving demands for high performance and sustainable coatings.
The Lean and Green Coating System for OEMs includes the company’s Eco-Concept primer-less coatings, a high-solid solventborne 3-Wet coating system and a waterborne 3-Wet coating system, each of which can deliver full layer performance with a simplified coating process.
Available for different customer requirements, all three systems can reduce application and bake steps in OEM coating application. The results include improved productivity, lowered emissions of VOCS, reduced energy consumption and lower investment costs, while still achieving a high quality finish on vehicles.
CSES 2014 attracted participants from some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers including BMW, Mercedes, GM, Volvo, Volkswagen, as well as other coatings suppliers.