- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
Axalta Coating Systems has celebrated 50 years of commercially produced latest generation powder coatings, making it one of the oldest powder coating manufacturers in the world. Axalta got its start in commercial powder coatings in 1964 with the acquisition of the Teodur brand that had been manufactured by Wagemakers Lekbrieken, a Dutch family-owned paint company founded in 1848 that sold its first architectural grade thermosetting powder at its site in Teodur.
Axalta’s powder coatings deliver superior coverage and transfer efficiency with both thermosetting and thermoplastic coatings manufactured under the names of Alesta, Nap-Gard and Abcite.
These products have earned a reputation for corrosion resistance, durability due to superior edge coverage, thick film build and efficiency because no primer is required.