- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Axalta Coating Systems, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, is expanding its presence in India with investments that will enable the company to double production capacity and construct an automotive OEM coatings development laboratory at its operations centre in Savli in Gujarat State.
The added capacity will enable Axalta to meet the need for additional coatings among light vehicle automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in India. The Savli facility will continue to manufacture coatings for Axalta’s refinish, automotive parts and commercial vehicle customers.
The project, scheduled to be commissioned in Q3, 2017, will be able to expand production capacity of both high and low temperature bake coatings. Low temperature bake coatings are needed for use on the latest lightweight plastic and composite materials because they cannot withstand traditional high bake temperature-curing ovens. Axalta’s technology-backed products include primers, basecoats and clearcoats.