- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Axalta Coating Systems has broken ground to expand its manufacturing capacity for coatings with the construction of a US$50M eco-friendly waterborne facility in the Jiading district of Shanghai.
At a ceremony attended by dignitaries from the region, Axalta Chairman and CEO Charlie Shaver officially ushered in a new phase in the company’s commitment to the automobile industry in China.
Expected to begin production in 2015, Axalta’s Shanghai waterborne facility will manufacture and supply up to 25,000t of its waterborne products. Axalta’s technological leadership in waterborne paints and expanded capacity for waterborne production will support the long-term growth of an automotive industry that is extending into the southern and western areas of the country. Both Axalta products and the manufacturing facility itself will contribute to the overall sustainable development of China’s automotive industry.