- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Axalta Coating Systems has announced the expansion of its powder production facility in China. New capacity will be added at the Qingpu manufacturing centre of Axalta’s powder coatings partner Huajia Chemical Co Ltd and will double production to meet the rapid growth of the east China powder coating market. Huajia is a subsidiary of Yongjia Chemical Co Ltd.
The plant will add a new production workshop, increase the number of manufacturing lines, increase colour matching capability, install special manufacturing equipment and is designed to ensure shorter delivery lead times.
In China, Axalta’s powder coatings are used in a variety of end-user applications, including customers in the automotive, oil and gas pipeline, transportation, architectural, information technology, furniture, and general industrial sectors.
In addition, Axalta’s powder coatings feature environmentally sustainable technology and have earned a reputation for corrosion resistance and durability due to superior edge coverage, thick film build, and primer-less systems.
In China, in addition to a manufacturing facility in Qingpu, Axalta and Huajia operate powder coating manufacturing plants strategically located in Huangshan, Guangdong, Chengdu and Shandong. Axalta also operates liquid manufacturing facilities in Changchun and is completing a significant waterborne coatings expansion at its waterborne coating