- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Axalta Coating Systems, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, Shanghai Kinlita Chemical, a renowned player in China’s industrial coatings industry, and Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive, a joint venture between Beiqi Foton and Daimler, have agreed to a partnership for the supply of Axalta’s more environmentally responsible waterborne primer and basecoat.
Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive will use Axalta’s advanced waterborne technology to coat its latest line of heavy duty trucks with strong technical support provided by Kinlita. With an output of more than 100,000/yr Auman heavy duty trucks, the company’s use of Axalta’s waterborne coatings will help it reduce its overall environmental footprint.
A major factor contributing to this deal was the speed with which Axalta was able to adapt its waterborne products and colours to meet Foton Daimler’s needs. In addition to Axalta’s tailor-made colour development service, the partnership was further strengthened with the online technical support and logistics services provided by Shanghai Kinlita Chemical.