- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Axalta Coating Systems has issued its first sustainability report, which was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s G4 Guidelines. The 72-page report highlights the company’s commitment to sustainability by providing performance data and featuring stories, photographs and graphics that illustrate the company’s track record.
Axalta’s contributions include: 3-Wet (Wet-on-Wet) and Eco-Concept consolidated systems, which reduce customer energy use and investment costs, while increasing productivity; next generation functional coatings for deep and sub-sea oil and gas pipelines that achieve record temperature tolerances up to 311ºC; and cycle-time reduction of approximately 30% over five years/batch of paint in its operations.