- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
- New Vink Chemicals production site in Schwerin, Germany
- Hempel A/S celebrates 75-year anniversary of its owner, the Hempel Foundation
- Birla Carbon celebrates the 65th anniversary of its Cubatão Plant in Brazil
- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
Axalta, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, will supply E&R Powder Coating with more than 7000lbs of its Alesta AM powder coatings for bed frames at a temporary hospital at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, which is being used for coronavirus patients.
"Axalta’s Alesta AM is being applied to these new beds to ensure that the surfaces are protected with silver zinc zeolite antimicrobial technology that is known to inhibit the growth of microbes on powder coated surfaces," said Michael Bollan, Americas Business Director for Axalta Powder Coatings.
"We are proud to be a significant producer of antimicrobial powder coatings and are actively exploring new applications for this important part of Axalta’s product portfolio, including for potential use in automotive interiors."
"Axalta cares about our communities around the world," continued Bollan.
"We appreciate being a part of the solution to provide a high-quality coated surface for hospital patients in this time of critical need."
Alesta AM powder coatings provide protection that is ideal for hospitals, public transit, medical equipment, water treatment plants, food service packaging equipment, pharmaceutical labs, school and child care facilities and other medical equipment surfaces.