- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Axalta Coating Systems, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, broke ground last month to expand its manufacturing capacity for coatings with the construction of a US$50M eco-friendly waterborne facility in the Jiading district of Shanghai. At a ceremony attended by dignitaries from the region, Axalta Chairman and CEO Charlie Shaver officially ushered in a new phase in the company’s commitment to the automotive industry in China.
Expected to begin production in 2015, Axalta’s Shanghai waterborne facility will manufacture and supply up to 25,000t/yr of its highly acclaimed waterborne products. Axalta’s technological leadership in waterborne paints and expanded capacity for waterborne production will support the long term growth of an automotive industry that is extending into the southern and western areas of the country. Both Axalta products and the manufacturing facility itself will contribute to the overall sustainable development of China’s automotive industry.
Axalta’s waterborne production process utilises a global waterborne technology system to produce ‘Lean and Green Automotive Coatings’ that OEMs can use to significantly reduce VOCs, energy consumption and investment.