- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Axalta Coating Systems has announced a commitment to invest US$60M in Wuppertal, Germany to build a next-generation facility that will expand capacity to produce waterborne industrial coatings. Production at the new operations centre is expected to begin in Q1, 2015.
The investment will reinforce the Wuppertal site, already the largest of Axalta’s 35 manufacturing facilities around the world and Germany as the centre of Axalta’s water-based paint manufacturing operations in its Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
The facility will use manufacturing technology that will improve efficiencies, reduce waste and shrink even further the environmental footprint from operations, while at the same time meeting the growing needs of Axalta customers.