- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Expected BASF Group sales for the full year 2023 of €68,902M are below the range forecasted by BASF and below average analyst estimates for 2023 (Vara: €70,579M). Sales in 2022 amounted to €87,327M.
Expected income from operations (EBIT) before special items of €3,806M in 2023 is below the range forecasted by BASF and below the level of average analyst estimates for 2023 (Vara: €3,934M). EBIT before special items in 2022 amounted to €6,878M. The decrease compared with the prior year is due to sales-related lower margins, which could not be offset by the achieved fixed cost reduction.
Net income of BASF Group is expected to amount to €225M in 2023. This is an improvement of €852M compared with the prior-year figure (2022: minus €627M), which included non-cash-effective impairments on Russia-related assets of Wintershall Dea in the amount of €6.5bn. Analyst consensus for net income in 2023 (Vara: €2,247M) is, however, not achieved.
Cash flows from operating activities are expected to reach €8.1bn in 2023 and are thus above the prior-year figure of €7,709M. Free cash flow is expected to amount to €2.7bn (2022: €3,333M).
The overview of analyst estimates, which is compiled monthly on behalf of BASF, can be found at: www.basf.com/analysts-estimates.