- Berger Paints celebrates centennial year with record sales
- Nouryon signs its first power purchase agreement for an onsite solar project in the US
- Consistently sustainable: Updated method published for entire BASF product portfolio
- BCF calls for greater urgency on REACH impasse, warning of irreparable damage to UK manufa...
- BASF celebrates 10 years of its Northeast Research Alliance in the US
Full year 2015: Sales €70.4bn (-5% yr-on-yr); EBIT before special items €6.7bn (-8%); EBIT €6.2bn (-18%); Higher earnings in the chemicals business; Oil & Gas considerably below previous year; Earnings/share €4.34 (-23%); Adjusted earnings per share €5.00 (-8%); Record operating cash flow of €9.4bn (+36%); Dividend proposal of €2.90 for business year 2015
Outlook 2016: Considerable sales decline due to divestiture of gas trading business. EBIT before special items expected at level slightly below 2015, based on an average oil price of US$40/barrel
The market environment continued to be volatile and challenging. Growth rates for the global economy, industrial production and the chemical industry in 2015 all lagged considerably behind the company’s expectations.
In Q4 of 2015, sales were €13.9bn (-23% yr-on-yr). This was mainly due to the asset swap with Gazprom, which was completed at the end of September. In total, portfolio measures in Q4 reduced sales by 19%.