- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
BASF increased sales and earnings in 2013 yr-on-yr. "2013 was again a demanding year, with a lot of headwind for our industry. Nevertheless, we achieved our goal: We sold more, worked more closely together with our customers and enhanced our portfolio,” said Dr Kurt Bock, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE at the Annual Press Conference in Ludwigshafen.
Sales of BASF Group in Q4 of 2013 were €18.1bn, slightly up yr-on-yr. Volumes increased in all segments. Sales prices were slightly lower overall in Q4; negative currency effects lowered sales in all divisions.
Acquisitions contributed to sales growth, particularly in the Oil & Gas and Agricultural Solutions segments. Income from operations (EBIT) before special items improved in all operating segments in Q4 and increased by €223M to €1.5bn. EBIT rose by €584M to €1.6bn. For the full year, sales rose by just under 3% to reach €74.0bn.