- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Bayer MaterialScience LLC has agreed to sell its global powder polyester resins business and its USA-based liquid polyester resins merchant business to Stepan Company of Northfield, Illinois. The sale was scheduled to be completed by June 1. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Both Bayer businesses are located in Columbus, Georgia. The 45 Bayer employees who work at the Columbus facility will be offered the opportunity to become Stepan employees.
Bayer will retain its trade name Desmophen to continue to sell its diverse portfolio of products to the coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers industries around the world, including liquid polyester resins in markets outside the USA.
Bayer acquired the Columbus facility in 2000 when it purchased Sybron Chemicals Inc. Today, the facility includes both commercial and production operations, serving North America as a leading producer of polyester resins.