- Clariant to invest in new Additives facilities in China
- Atlas launches SunCal sensor series
- Partially bio-based raw materials from Covestro for notebooks from Moleskine
- Clariant’s virtual Car Color Configurator launched with Automotive Styling Shades 2025 T...
- Nippon Paint Marine’s biocide-free Aquaterras takes home green technology award
Bayer MaterialScience LLC has agreed to sell its global powder polyester resins business and its USA-based liquid polyester resins merchant business to Stepan Company of Northfield, Illinois. The sale was scheduled to be completed by June 1. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Both Bayer businesses are located in Columbus, Georgia. The 45 Bayer employees who work at the Columbus facility will be offered the opportunity to become Stepan employees.
Bayer will retain its trade name Desmophen to continue to sell its diverse portfolio of products to the coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers industries around the world, including liquid polyester resins in markets outside the USA.
Bayer acquired the Columbus facility in 2000 when it purchased Sybron Chemicals Inc. Today, the facility includes both commercial and production operations, serving North America as a leading producer of polyester resins.