- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
The British Coatings Federation (BCF) and the Oil & Colour Chemists’ Association (OCCA) have signed a new Collaboration Alliance Agreement to enhance the service and resources the BCF and OCCA provide their members. The BCF represents the broad interests of coatings manufacturing companies in the UK and will promote OCCA membership within its membership. OCCA represents the interests of individual scientists and engineers in the coatings industry and is able to promote BCF’s training to its members.
As part of the collaboration, signed during the BCF Annual Conference in May, the BCF is supporting and exhibiting at SURFEX 2014 and has a dedicated page for OCCA on its website to promote OCCA activities and events. OCCA publishes the Surface Coatings International magazine six times a year and includes a page for BCF in the publication.
Commenting on the Alliance BCF’s Chief Executive, Tom Bowtell said: "We have already started several initiatives together and I’m looking forward to a strong relationship with OCCA in the future”.