- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Black has ranked as the most popular vehicle colour in Europe and white has ranked as the most popular vehicle colour in the world according to data from PPG Industries, a world-leading manufacturer of transportation coatings.
In Europe, black is the most popular colour (26%), followed by white (19%), silver (16%), grey (15%), blue (9%), red (7%), naturals (5%), green (2%) and other/niche colours (1%). Globally, approximately 21% of 2011 model-year cars around the world have been white and silver and black tied for second most popular at 20%.
"We are seeing a continuing trend for white moving to special-effect white colours in future automotive palettes,” said Reiner Mueller-Koerber, PPG colour styling manager, Europe. "Tones of brown that started in the premium individual segments are now cascading down to smaller models. New violets and gold tones will influence and appear in new model and colour programmes.”
In North America, white was first (20%), followed by silver (19%), black (18%) and grey (15%). Red and blue tied for fifth (9%), followed by naturals such as browns, tans, golds, oranges and yellows (7%), green (2%), and other/niche colours (1%).