- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Celanese Corporation, a global technology and speciality materials company and a global leader in vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE) emulsions, has announced its intent to construct a VAE emulsions production unit in Southeast Asia. The unit is expected to begin production by mid-2016.
"This proposed expansion will support our global and regional growth strategy to expand our reach into the growing markets of Southeast Asia,” said Mark Murray, Vice President and General Manager of the Celanese emulsion polymers business.
"Building a VAE plant in Southeast Asia would broaden our network to better serve customers throughout the Asia Pacific region, primarily in the high-end applications of architectural coatings, building and construction, carpets and paper industries.”