- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Celanese Corporation, a global technology and speciality materials company and a global leader in vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE) emulsions, has announced its intent to construct a VAE emulsions production unit in Southeast Asia. The unit is expected to begin production by mid-2016.
"This proposed expansion will support our global and regional growth strategy to expand our reach into the growing markets of Southeast Asia,” said Mark Murray, Vice President and General Manager of the Celanese emulsion polymers business.
"Building a VAE plant in Southeast Asia would broaden our network to better serve customers throughout the Asia Pacific region, primarily in the high-end applications of architectural coatings, building and construction, carpets and paper industries.”