- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Visit the Clariant stand at the American Coatings Show this April 5-7, 2022 to #asktheexpert about innovations "Beyond Color” that differentiate and enhance the performance, compliance, and sustainability of paints and coatings (Stand 2846).
"The coatings industry is evolving. As specialists in collaborative problem solving, we’re excited to bring multifunctional solutions that elevate performance and inspire innovation to address industry-wide challenges and the toughest, application-specific unmet needs," explains Ray Gonzales, Head of Additives Sales – North America, Clariant.
Clariant will feature its wide-ranging formulation tools and additives for formulators and manufacturers that meet emerging trends, regulatory changes, and higher performance requirements as the industry transitions to creating more sustainable consumer and industrial products.
"Clariant presents a new VITA range of surfactants & polyethylene glycols (PEGs), a 100% bio-based portfolio that sets a new standard in green surfactants by raising the renewable carbon content of the end product. Simplifying the formulation process and handling of water-based paints is key to help address new regulations while boosting protection and aesthetics,” comments Jeff McManus, Head of Industrial & Consumer Specialties, Industrial Applications, Clariant.
Explore Clariant’s latest innovative developments with its experts at booth 2846 and discover extensive support found beyond colour in a series of on-show presentations featured below.
Sustainability Beyond Color
- Maximise the renewable carbon content of paints, coatings and inks with Clariant’s new range of surfactants, polyglycols and other processing aids to support formulators and brands with their sustainability efforts. This VITA range is fully segregated, 100% based on plant-based carbon via bio-ethanol. The products contribute to removing fossil carbon from the value chain while offering the same performance and efficiency as fossil-based versions. Solutions for Carbon Negativity with Green Ethoxylated Derivatives(Wednesday, April 6, 2:40 – 2:55 pm | Speaker: Joerg Rueger, Head of Competence Center Coatings, Global Innovation & Technology)
- Ceridust® 1041 VITA and Ceridust 1060 VITA are sustainable waxes offering very effective matting and scratch resistance properties while providing a soft touch feel in wood coatings and brighter colours in powder coatings.Improve wood coatings and powder coatings using modified natural waxes(Tuesday, April 5, 11:20 – 11:35 am | Speaker: Michael Watson, Technical Segment Manager, Coatings and Inks, North America)
Performance Beyond Color
- Adding Dispersogen® PLF 100 to pigment pastes boosts several key aspects when formulating colour concentrates. As well as achieving high colour strength and significantly improved pigment loading, it extends storage stability, reduces viscosities, reduces process foaming, and reduces colour blocking and minimises leaching.Redefine Color and Performance with a Novel Waterborne Polymeric Dispersant.(Thursday, April 7, 10:00 – 10:15 am | Speaker: Mark Coward, New Business Development Manager, North America)
Innovation Beyond Color