- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Clariant, announced Q2 sales in 2013 from continuing operations of CHF1.544bn (CHF1.527bn yr-on-yr), an increase of 2% in local currencies and 1% in Swiss francs. Organic growth of 2% was entirely due to higher sales volumes. Similar Q1, 2013, the negative currency effect of 1% was due to a marked weakness of the Brazilian real, the Japanese yen and the Indian rupee against the Swiss franc. EBITDA margin before exceptional items amounted to 13.7% (13.1% yr-on-yr). Net result from continuing operations rose to CHF71M (CHF55M yr-on-yr).
CEO Hariolf Kottmann said: "As demonstrated by an increase in sales and profitability in the first half-year, Clariant is gradually progressing towards its short- and mid-term targets. In a heterogeneous economic environment, the company achieved robust development across its well-balanced portfolio.”