- Focus on sustainability: allnex’s scope 3.1. emission reduction target of 30% by 203...
- Focus on additives: Fully bio-based and solvent-free polyester polyol for two-component po...
- Focus on automotive: A comprehensive outlook of scope within exterior automotive plastic s...
- Focus on additives: Harnessing the power of graphene in coatings and paints
- Construction is driving coatings in the Middle East: PPCJ speaks to PPG about the industry...
|Dr Conor O’Brien, Technology Anaylst at IDTechEx, assesses the current and future outlook for graphene in the South Korean market
Graphene has long been touted as a wonder material, capable of enabling countless next-generation technologies. The market is beginning to mature and successful application areas are starting to emerge. These applications range from energy storage to thermal management and composites and smart coatings. High-value opportunities exist for consumer electronics, many of which are produced by South Korean companies.
IDTechEx has more than a decade of experience assessing the graphene market, providing a detailed independent analysis of the technological and commercial progress of graphene and other 2D materials. A report, “Graphene Market & 2D Materials Assessment 2024-2034: Technologies, Markets, Players”, has recently been released, which includes granular 10-year graphene market forecasts, is based on profiles of 80+ key players and leverages extensive in-depth coverage of many end-use markets for graphene.
South Korea has traditionally been seen as a leading global technology hub, home to multinational giants such as Samsung and LG. These companies produce a variety of electronic goods, such as smartphones, screens, cameras and batteries. Naturally, this is a fast-paced industry with a focus on innovation in terms of materials, applications and manufacturing techniques. As such, emerging materials, such as graphene, are the subject of extensive research by these leading multinationals. The graphic below shows some of the leading South Korean players in the graphene and carbon nanotube (CNT) market.
Non-exhaustive list of South Korean manufacturers of graphene and CNTs. Image source: IDTechEx