- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
East Africa’s leading paint manufacturer Crown Paints has announced its entry into Rwanda with the establishment of an ultra-modern paint showroom in Kigali with a five-year plan to invest about US$2.5M in the country.
Rwanda now becomes the third country to host Crown Paints’ showrooms in East Africa, as the paint maker also owns five others in Kenya and one in Tanzania.
According to Crown Paints Group CEO, Rakesh Rao, the company aims to transform the lives of Rwandese by creating more job opportunities and contributing to the country’s economic growth, as it also aims to establish a paint factory in Rwanda.
"We aim to recruit more customers and equip them with knowledge on our paints portfolio. There is a boom in the construction sector in Rwanda and consumer tastes are changing fast, with more people using texture and stone finishes,” said Mr Rao.