- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
DRT, which, since 1932, has specialised in the valorisation of rosin and turpentine extracted from pine resin has announced the acquisition of a new CTO fractionation technology (Crude Tall Oil, co-product deriving from kraft pulping) on its site at Vielle-Saint-Girons, France.
To meet the growing demand of the international markets, DRT has decided to increase its production capacities thanks to a new tall oil fractionation technology.
In accordance with its approach based on the valorisation of co-products deriving from the paper industry, this investment aims at answering the future needs of the adhesive, coating, road marking, chewing gum and synthetic rubber industries.