- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
The mature European automotive paint additives market is being driven mainly by new technology and product innovation. Sizeable R&D investments are aimed at developing competitively priced, high performance additives that meet legislative requirements.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan, Strategic Analysis of the European Automotive Paint Additives Market, finds that the market earned revenues of €104.2M in 2011 and estimates this to reach €159.8M in 2017. The research covers rheology modifiers, surfactants, foam-control agents, driers and catalysts and preservatives.
Reductions in volatile organic chemicals (VOC) content and REACH regulations have provided opportunities for innovation and ushered new technology trends in the additives industry, including development of novel products like zero-VOC additives, multifunctional additives and self-healing additives.