- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Evonik Industries has commenced an integrated production complex for isophorone and isophorone diamine in Shanghai, China. The company has invested more than €100M in the facilities, which will have an output capacity of 50,000t/yr.
Construction in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP) took less than two years. Evonik primarily plans to use the output of the plants to serve customers in the coatings and paint, construction, adhesives and composite industry in Asia.
Evonik has 50 years’ experience with isophorone chemistry and continuously improves its process technologies. So far products based on isophorone (crosslinkers) were being manufactured in Marl and Herne, Germany and in Mobile, USA.
In addition to the new production complex, Evonik built an application technology service centre with state-of-the-art laboratories at the Xinzhuang site in Shanghai.