- Jotun supports aid in Libya and Morocco
- Sherwin-Williams releases Color of the Year 2024: Upward
- Henkel Adhesives Technologies publishes audited method for sustainability assessment of pr...
- “MyCarbonFootprint”: BASF launches dashboard for sustainable procurement
- PPG introduces PPG SUSTAINABILITY CO₂NCEPT system to help automotive body shops reduce e...
Evonik Industries has started basic engineering for a production plant for precipitated silica in Brazil. Subject to the approval of the responsible bodies, Evonik aims to complete the plant in 2015 to market precipitated silica in the South America region from local production.
The planned facility in Americana, with an investment level in the middle double-digit million-euro range, would be Evonik’s first silica production in South America.
The silica marketed under the Ultrasil brand name is particularly used in energy-saving tyres with low rolling resistance, while the silica sold as Sipernat is applied in the feed and food industry as well as the paints and coatings industries.