- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Fenchem has announced plans to strengthen its EU coating additive market. Traditionally, Europe has led the market for coating additives and according to estimates in Markets and Markets latest report ‘Coating Additives Market by Function, Application, Formulation, & Types – Global Trends & Forecast to 2018’, Europe did contribute to the market for coating additives with 20.2% share at global level in 2012, only after Asia Pacific (40.8%) and North America (26.9%). Growing construction activity, industrial developments and furniture are expected to help this market.
"Europe is our focusing market this year,” said Jian Sun, Manager of Fenchem’s coating division. "Our two branches in Germany and the Czech Republic can guarantee fast delivery and better service for the local customers. We expect European demand for high quality coating additives products will be a significant contribution to our business.” The company is confident of a 30% rise in European sales in 2014.
Fenchem is a leading supplier of cellulose products including nitrocellulose, cellulose ethers (HPMC, HEC and MHEC etc) and C9-C5 resins, under the brand names Varnifm, Cellueast and Resinow. It has also developed products such as synthetic fibre, a high-performance reinforcement, made of 100% virgin polypropylene, which is added to concrete and shotcrete to replace welded wire reinforcing mesh and steel fibres. It provides high levels of post-crack performance to concrete, imparting ductility to structures when they have exceeded the moment of rupture.