- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
High performance coatings manufacturer Flexcrete Technologies Ltd has expanded its Monodex range of weatherproof wall coatings by introducing Monodex Textured to the range. Monodex Textured is a highly engineered, waterborne, single component, acrylic-based decorative wall coating with an attractive textured finish.
Due to its high build, textured composition, it is ideal for use on buildings and other structures, which have a rough, uneven finish with surface defects and imperfections. Monodex Textured will effectively disguise any defects and provide walls with a uniform appearance, vastly improving the aesthetic appearance of buildings.
As well as having an attractive textured finish, Monodex Textured is also highly protective. It waterproofs surfaces for at least 10 years, yet allows high levels of entrapped substrate moisture to escape without causing blistering or delamination. It also incorporates an advanced in-film, non-leaching biocide, inhibiting the growth of mould and algae for many years. It is equally suited for internal walls. The great advantage of Monodex Textured is that it is highly textured and, therefore, able to hide many imperfections, yet it is very flexible and able to withstand substrate and thermal movement without cracking or flaking.
Like other coatings in the Monodex range, Monodex Textured is a low hazard, waterborne product and cures without releasing solvents or heavy odour. Different finishes can be created by the contractor using a variety of simple tools. For instance, diamond patterns, swirl designs or stippling effects are easily created.