- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Flint Group Packaging Inks has implemented a North American price increase to alleviate raw material and freight cost increases.
As of November 15, 2018, the price increase will be active for all Flint Group Packaging Inks products sold in the USA and Canada.
The company said that the progressively challenging trading environment is forcing Flint Group to look carefully at its cost base, ensuring the sustainability of supply for its valued customers.
The recent trade tariffs imposed by the US Government are soon to rise from 10% to 25%, a cost Flint Group cannot bear alone.
Additionally, the market has seen significant cost increases in raw materials and freight across the North American region, which place further pressure on Flint Group’s cost base.
Doug Aldred, President Packaging Inks & Resins noted, "As stated in December 2017, we continue to deploy significant capital to efficiency projects in order to mitigate as many headwinds as possible; however, the combined impact of the tariffs, raw material and freight inflation has become untenable.
"We will continue to drive all cost mitigation initiatives with rigor and tenacity, protecting our valued customers from further increases as much as feasibly possible.”
A local sales representative will shortly be in touch to discuss a tariff surcharge and price increase for the affected products.